We are very pleased to announce that as of Monday 20th July 2020 we will be allowing one client to accompany their pet into practice when attending an appointment.
Our temporary opening hours will also be amended to:
- Monday to Friday 8am - 6pm
- Saturday & Sunday 8.30am - 5pm
We have implemented many protocols in practice and stringent hygiene routines in order to safeguard you, our visiting clients and our team.
Please do not enter the practice if you have any symptoms of Coronavirus, which can include:
- A high temperature
- A continuous dry cough
- A loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
Entry into practice is by appointment only and we kindly request the following from all our clients:
- Please wait in your car or on the car park if on foot and telephone the practice upon arrival.
- Please enter by the main reception doors, only once you have been contacted by a vet or nurse. This is in order to prevent congestion within our waiting area.
- The use of a face mask is compulsory ** Some exemptions apply - See below for further details.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided upon entry.
- Only one client per animal in a consulting room, unless special permission for more has been previously requested and approved.
- Please observe the 2m social distancing measures, where possible.
- Payment to be made preferably by card in practice or online.
- Please observe the one way system within practice and exit via the designated/sign posted door onto the car park area.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided when exiting the practice.
We cannot wait to see you again in practice as we move towards a more ‘normal’ way of providing our services as safely as possible to you and your pets.
Repeat Prescriptions - Medications, flea & worming treatments, food orders and appointment booking.
At this stage our request remains the same:
Should you have any questions in relation to the services we provide or how we provide them at this stage during the pandemic please do not hesitate to contact us x
Thank you for choosing Oakmount to look after you and your pets.
** Exemptions from face coverings
The requirement to wear a face covering or mask does not apply where it is not appropriate for a visiting client to do so due to mitigating circumstances such as their age, medical condition and/or disability. This includes:
- A child who is under the age of 11 (although any accompanying adult should wear one if it is appropriate for them to do so)*;
- Anyone whose circumstances mean they cannot put on, wear, or remove a face covering (e.g. because of any impairment or disability, or that doing so would cause them severe distress); or
- Anyone visiting with, or providing assistance to, someone who relies on lip reading to communicate.